Tuesday, April 19, 2011

‘I Am’ is about issues that bruise the Modern Indian Society-Marwah




“I AM was something that we started as an experiment. We wanted audience participation right from day one till the day of the release. In a way, I AM has become a movement. In times when people have to say that such films should not be made and are least interested in them, I proudly say that there is actually an audience who puts in the money and makes a truly independent film happen. I AM is a purely independent film and I am proud of that” said Onir the Producer Director of the film

“I AM is also an approach and an attitude to stop the business of always complaining about 'people aren't buying our film'. If you have a good story to tell, you can make a film. Period! So whether I AM becomes an inspiration for many young filmmakers or becomes a case study of what to do and what not to do, one thing's certain, I have learnt a lot from this process” said Sanjay Suri actor and producer of the film.

“I AM is about issues and dilemmas that bruise the modern Indian society. Unraveling and exploring these tribulations, the film unfolds many a tale of individuals struggling to find their identity, and uphold their dignity in a world that is callous, cold and unsympathetic” said Sandeep Marwah President of Marwah Studios and Co producer of the Film.


The film has Juhi Chawla, Manisha Koirala, Nandita Das, Rahul Bose, Sanjay Suri, Purab Kohli, Abhimanyu Singh, Arjun Mathur and others. The film is about to release in the month of April.